Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pre-Program Week 1 Workout


Pre Program Notes---
I have to be honest.  While I was supposed to be waiting to be released by my Dr. to begin working out again and after I had done enough research about the Freeletics program, I became intrigued about my ability to do the workouts at all.  I did the beginning workout, Aphrodite, three times prior to my official beginning date.  I was surprised, first that I was able to complete the workout at all.  Secondly, I was able, just  in the first week to drop my time by 10 minutes.  The first workout was pretty tough and took a while to complete because I was getting used to the movements, which are not new to me but I don't normally do burpees and sit-ups as part of my workouts.  The second time through it, three days later, I was determined to decrease my time but due to soreness from the first workout and not feeling 100% mentally, I was only able to marginally decrease my time.   The third time through, two days later, I had significant improvements in my time.

1st attempt-47:58
2nd attempt-46:52
3rd attempt-38:31

Monday
Aphrodite- 50/40/30/20/10 each- Burpees, Air Squats, Sit-ups

Just finished working out.  40:54.  Lost a little bit of time from last week but I indulged myself this weekend knowing that I was about to work my ass off.

Tuesday
Aphrodite- 50/40/30/20/10 each- Burpees, Air Squats, Sit-ups

37:49- PB.  Really pushed myself today.  If you are anything like I am, you feel the need to catch your breath before continuing.  I didn't do that today and was pleased to realize that while I think I am absolutely out of breath, I can continue for a few more repetitions.  So go ahead, push yourself just a little harder and get a personal best today.

Wednesday
2 mile (3.22 km) run-  Nice and easy at a pace so that you can still sing or talk.  

Nice relaxing jog today, 2 miles in 21 minutes.  Like I said in my intro, never been an enthusiastic runner but staying fit is about not being idle.
Thursday
Rest Day

Nice recovery day.  Enjoyed some good foods and took advantage of opportunity to let my legs recover.

Friday
Aphrodite- 50/40/30/20/10 each- Burpees, Air Squats, Sit-ups

43:15.  First time doing the workout outside.  Nice bright sunny day in El Paso, Texas.  61 degree F but still provided an element of stress that I had not experienced before.  Got it done though.  Now for a restful weekend.

Saturday
Rest Day

Sunday
Rest Day

8 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm 2 living in South Africa.

    Firstly, I enjoy reading your blog, now let me get to it.

    I'm also like the person you used to be, I workout on and off to keep the weight off and I've been successful at it. However recently I realized I had asthma, so I stopped working out altogether for 3-4 months. Now I found a way to control my condition and want to start freeletics, any tips on where to start or how to condition myself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing Freeletics for 7 months now and I can vouch for its effectiveness. I lost 10 kgs and have gotten ripped.

      Not for the fainthearted, but it will get you super fit and suprise you as you progress.

      Last workout I did 100burpees + 100 pushups + 100 pull ups + 200 Situps + 300 Squats + 200 Leg levers.

      I am from Guateng.

      Delete
  2. Yes, you must simply have the courage to begin with the pre-program week 1 workouts. You will progress through 5 weeks of initial conditioning before you actually begin the program. You will be very sore and may find it impossible to complete the entire workout for the day. However, continue through the pre program workouts and you should become conditioned enough to endure the regular program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this blog sir. It really is helpful

      Delete
  3. hey man thanks for providing a good schedule of freeletics workout.
    but i am underweight so what schedule should i follow.and is freeletics helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a distinct difference between working out and gaining weight. Working out is for overall health/strength while gaining/losing weight is tied to your diet. You can find a good lean gain calculator here that will help you to slowly bulk up without increasing your body fat composition much. As far as which workout program you should follow, the one I have posted is designed for strength and cardio so it should do fine. I must reiterate here that I am not a dietitian and any suggestions I may offer are not intended to solve your specific problem. Your diet and exercise program should be designed specifically for you and you alone. I know nothing about you or your lifestyle and therefore cannot make absolute recommendations. Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening sir
    Firstly, thank you for your wonderful blog. I am sure this blog have helped many people getting fit and will continue so on
    I too am on the last
    Just started this monday and the program looks challenging
    I am just curious about how much will i loose when i will end this
    What about you sir?
    How much did you lost your weight?

    ReplyDelete